We have grown up watching movies and weaving dreams of living up to that level of grandeur. As we grew up, we realized that making one movie requires a lot more than just people conversing on the screen. There are a number of professionals from the Top MBA colleges are involved in bringing out the final product as we see it. Yes, people from MBA are also involved in making a complete movie. There are several levels of management involved in the various processes that bring about the perfect cut of a movie. And if you have ever harbored the dream of working in the film industry, maybe MBA is your chance to do it.
Acting is something that not every one of us understands, but as a professional with an MBA degree, we sure know how to do our work and be good at it.
A lot of your learning can be implemented in the film industry and in the following ways:
● Administration and Human Resources: Every movie maker has a selected set of people they wish to work with every time. This needs management to make sure that the process of movie-making flows smoothly and hits no roadblocks. Not only does this include the regular roles of an admin and HR, but also includes managing the finances and other roles towards the employees (insurance, etc.)
● Strategy: As a professional with a degree in MBA, you are armed with the best skills in planning and strategizing. And as it turns out, there is a lot of both involved in movie making.
● Studio Executives: These are the people who advise organizations on what movies to bank on and which ones to can. The industry is a profit-driven one and the right step takes a studio or a production house in the forward direction. A direct answerability to the stakeholders, this job requires an understanding of the current trend and the proclivity of the audiences.
● Marketing and Publicity: After a movie is prepared and is ready to go to the audience, the film needs a defined plan of marketing and publicity to create the right kind of buzz in the moviegoers. As it turns out, marketing is the strong suit of an MBA student from the top Management Institute, Indore. Mostly, the people who strategize and advise the production on their marketing and publicity are from a management background only.
● Talent Acquisition: Your people skills are also developed while you are studying MBA, and that is a good skill to bank on in terms of talent acquisition. Movies are all about someone’s talent, and that is why the industry is always in need of some brilliant talent. Acquiring that talent is a duty that falls on the shoulders of the one who knows what a seeker is looking for.
● Finance Consultants: Movies take a lot of money to make. And the houses need a person who understands the value of money and the importance of the right investment. That is why a lot of moviemakers hire professional financial consultants to help them and advise them on the monetary aspects of filmmaking. Where to invest, who to hire, and when to move ahead with an idea, are part of the consulting that MBAs can do in the film industry.
Movie making is a work of hardships and requires coordination between hundreds of people. It requires a talent and skill set that is above and beyond normal. So start preparing the skills you need right now for a future in the film industry.